“How much does a massage chair cost” is not a question that can be answered within one or two sentences. Because It’s not a fixed thing rather varies and depends on multiple factors. But usually, a massage chair comes at a price from $500 to $10000. How prices are set, what factors influence chair pricing, and a variety of other aspects are all covered in detail below. Let’s figure it out together.
- What Are The Main Cost Factors That Affect Massage Chairs Price?
- Basic Features With The Best Models According To Price Range
- Cautions Before Buying Cheap Massage Chairs
- Buying A Good Massage Chair Is A Smart And Great Investment
What Are The Main Cost Factors That Affect Massage Chairs Price?
Massage chairs are a long time investment so they cost more. To be honest, when it comes to your health, you should not go cheap. Massage chairs come in different ranges of prices starting from 500$ to 10000$. The mechanism and features used in the manufacture of a massage chair play a vital role to determine the chair’s pricing. Let’s know first what are the other factors that affect the massage chairs directly regarding price.
Rollers: There are 3 types of rollers such as 2D (Basic), 3D (Adjustable), and 4D (variable) rollers. 2D massage is limited whereas 3D and 4D massages are advanced and more efficient. Chairs with 3D and 4D are higher in price than 2D.
Mechanism: Massage chairs typically have two types of mechanisms: a static one and an advanced smart one. Many parts of the body go unmassaged in static mechanisms as it can’t adapt to various body shapes. But a smart mechanism scans the body and massages every conceivable part.
Materials: Materials which the chair is made with affect its price directly. Chairs made with cheap plastic and plywoods are not sturdy and comes really cheap. On the other hand, premium massage chairs are made with high-quality steel, wood, rubbers that are very durable and comfortable.
Massage modes: The variety and number of massage programs are an integral part of price determination. Cheap massage chairs are limited in terms of programs whereas luxury chairs offer numerous massage programs as well as customizable features.
Feature: The more advanced features are going to increase the price. So that means the price is closely related to the features, the chair provides. Let’s see some of the popular features massage chairs are generally equipped with:
- Body scanners: Body scanning feature can detect your massage points by detecting your size and height. No matter what your size is, it will place the rollers on point.
- Chromotherapy: Chromotherapy is basically a light therapy that maintains the balance of your physical and spiritual energy.
- Hand massagers: This feature mainly focuses on your arms. Not all the chairs offer hand massage. The chairs that have a full-body massage program also have rollers on the armrest for better treatment of your hands. This feature is especially good for arthritis patients.
- Head massagers: There are rollers equipped on the neck and upper shoulder area of the chair that provide head massage. In some luxury chairs, you will find head massage bands to provide massage on the scalp.
- Heat therapy: Heat therapy helps to loosen up tight muscles, relax the body and prepare it for an intense massage.
- Hydromassage: When the hydromassage feature is activated, water and heat combine to relax the stiff muscles and create a spa-like experience. The two parts come together in between the layers of the chair’s mechanism and its upholstery.
- Inversion: Inversion takes the strain off your spine, which helps reduce the impact of gravity on your overall body. When inversion is on, the heels go higher than the head as the chair reclines past 180 degrees.
- Leg massagers: Legrests often have airbags or rollers built in to help with leg muscles fatigue. Thighs, knees, calves, and feet are the targeted area.
- Speakers: Built-in Bluetooth speaker is featured in latest massage chairs. You can play your favorite music track, audiobook, etc. Some of the premium quality massage chairs feature a sound therapy program as well.
- Zero gravity: Your feet are higher than your heart, resulting in a posture that minimizes heart stress and gives the impression that you are virtually weightless. Zero gravity also helps to relieve pressure from the spine and joints.
Basic Features With The Best Models According To Price Range
In this section, we will know how much dollars a massage chair cost regarding its features. Also, you will get to know the best models in the different price ranges.
Massage Chairs Ranging $500-$1500
In this price range, you can get a full-body airbag and roller massage. You will also find 5-6 preset massage programs along with heat therapy and zero gravity function. Oh, the programs and features can be supervised by a remote. But you will not get any fancy luxury features in this price range. Here are the best massage chairs for around 1000 bucks:
- Real Relax Favor 03 Plus massage chair
- Bilitok Zero Gravity Massage Chair Recliner
- SMAGREHO Electric Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- BOSSCARE Electric Massage Chair
- Ugears B-L1 Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
- FOELRO Full Body Massage Chair
- Best Massage Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair
- SMAGREHO New Massage Chair Recliner
- Human Touch WholeBody 7.1 Massage Chair
- FAVOLCANO Full Body Massage Chair
Massage Chairs Ranging $1500-$2500
1500 to 2500 dollars is a pretty decent budget. Most chairs in this price range include zero gravity, Bluetooth speakers, full-body massage, and other basic features. A variety of special massage programs, as well as well-framed tracks, are also offered. There have several other features like body scanning, configurable functions, and a wide range of special programs. Let’s see the perfect massage chairs for 2000 dollars.
- UGEARS Zero Gravity SL Track Massage Chair Recliner
- iRest SL Track Massage Chair Recliner
- Kahuna Maasage Chair LM-6800
- FR-6KSL Massage Chair Recliner
- Titan Pro-Alpha Full Body Massage Chair
- RELAXONCHAIR MK II Plus Chair Recliner
- OWAYS SL Track Zero Gravity chair
- Real Relax PS5000 SL-Track Shiatsu Chair
- Real Relax MM650 Zero Gravity Recliner chair
- Osaki OS4000 TA Massage Chair
Massage Chairs Ranging $2500-$5000
The perfect budget range for a massage chair is 2500-5000$. This range includes the majority of the basic and luxurious features. Here are some of the features you’ll find: Auto body scan, customizable memory to recall your most-used settings, numerous special and advanced massage types and programs, SL-Track rollers, and most importantly, human-like massage. Here are several chairs with these features:
- Medical Breakthrough 4 v2
- Kahuna massage chair LM 6800S
- Kahuna electric chair SM 7300
- Kahuna SM 7300S massage chair
- Infinity Riage X3 electric massage chair
- Infinity Altera
- Human Touch Sana zero gravity massage chair
- Cozzia CZ-629
Massage Chairs Ranging $5000-$10000
This category is for luxury massage chairs. The chair’s material, design, and functionality are all of excellent quality. With a sleek appearance, you have complete control over the chair via smartphone and voice command. There are also a variety of advanced programs and roller systems with different levels of intensity. Luxury massage chairs also include noise reduction technology, excellent sound systems, sound therapy, light therapy, and many more features. Let’s see some of them:
- Medical Breakthrough 6 v4 Massage Chair
- Kahuna Exquisite Rhythmic Massage Chair Hubot
- Kahuna Massage Chair SM-9000 with Infrared Rollers
- Infinity Massage Chair IT-8500 X3
- Luraco iRobotics 7 PLUS Medical Massage Chair
- JP 1100 Japanese Massage Chair
- Human Touch Novo XT Recliner chair
- Human Touch Super Novo Massage Chair
- Inada DREAMWAVE Massage Chair Recliner
Cautions Before Buying Cheap Massage Chairs
If you are on a tight budget and buying a cheap massage chair, please be careful and consider the factors below.
- Poor after-sale service: Many cheap brands break down so early and companies don’t maintain good service with customers.
- Threats to health and wellness: Cheap chairs use low-quality materials and mechanisms that may cause health issues.
- Poor features: You will find very few functions in these chairs. Especially the cheap massage chairs are lacking in some crucial features what we need most.
- Bad warranty service: Many cheap chairs don’t have any warranty and some offers for a few months but not that satisfactory.
- Unavailability of spare parts: As I said before, cheap chairs may break soon and you may need to change some of the parts. In that case, you might face many difficulties since spare parts are not well available in the market.
Buying A Good Massage Chair Is A Smart And Great Investment
Because a massage chair is a long-term investment in your health, you should not take any chances. That is why you should opt for a high-quality chair that has all of the necessary functionality as well as some luxuries and lasts longer. Make sure that also has a strong reputation for customer service before choosing your suitable massage chair. In that situation, you should spend between $2000 and $3500 on a chair.
It’s not easy to answer straightly that how much does a massage chair cost. Because there are multiple factors that work in determining the cost and price of a chair. I have detailed down all those factors above. I hope you have gone through the entire writing and figured out the cost factors of a massage chair. Hope this article benefits you.